The Airport of Buochs was built in the 1940-ies as a military airbase for the Swiss Air Force. Through the years, various aerospace industry companies started to settle around the airport as well. The best know are Pilatus Aircraft, who have had their headquarters at the Airport of Buochs for more than 60 years. Companies like RUAG Aerospace and Aerolite also have a presence at Buochs.
The military Airbase of Buochs (NW) is a “Sleeping Base” for the Swiss Air Force. Should the necessity arise, the whole infrastructure can be made ready and available for military use. The airbase itself is in the maintained and owned by Air Force, though it is run as a civil airport by The Airport Buochs Ltd.
When you venture into the surrounding area and the large area of the airport proper, you will find numerous details and special features. Here is a list of the highlights of “Airport Buochs V4 V5”:
- Detailed representation of the airport of Buochs and its surroundings including distinctive objects like the huge Pilatus
Aircraft Factory, the plane shelters and stands, RUAG building, the shooting stand and the restaurant “Cockpit”
- Realistic layout of taxiways and parking positions
- Earth textures on the basis of aerial photographs (25 cm. Orthophoto) including night effects
- Seasonal colouring of the aerial pictures for all seasons
- Complete night lighting.
- Printable approach charts